Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CALIFORNIA BDAY



Wayne and I took our 1st trip alone since Parker was only 1 this year for my bday. We went to Disneyland. It was so much fun. We definitely missed the kids because that's a total family vacation but it was nice not to hear "I need to go potty, I'm hungry, I'm tired "every 10 minutes. It was so laid back. Backup-we flew out, well, we arrived at the airport to fly out on the 25th. They wouldn't let us on the plane because my drivers license expired on my bday (the day before) so we had a neighbor friend go to my house and find my ss card and birth certificate and bring them to us. We got on the next flight 4 hours later, but we made it to california. The one lady in SL handing out tickets was the ONLY lady that questioned my drivers license being expired. The security guards didn't care and california didn't care. Then we spent 2 days in disneyland. Sunday before we flew home we hung out at the beach and ate brunch at a mexican restaurant on the beach. I couldn't understand our waiter very well. He came and asked me something and I said sure ( i thought he was asking to bring the check because "check" was the only word I understood), so next thing I know is he is bringing us margaritas. Apparently margaritas are included in the brunch. Wayne laughed at me and told him no thank you. We missed our kids so much but are so grateful for our family that helped us watch them for us. It was a much needed vacation.